Integrated Air and Missile Defence 2014 Event
**PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE EVENT TAKING PLACE ON THE SWEDISH AIR DEFENCE UNIT'S ACTIVE AIR BASE, EVERYONE ATTENDING MUST COMPLETE AND RETURN TO YOUR NATIONAL EMBASSY IN SWEDEN THE 'REQUEST FOR VISIT FORM' TO BE PERMITTED ACCESS.**
YOU MUST ALLOW AT LEAST 21 DAYS FOR THE FORM TO BE PROCESSED.
PLEASE VISIT THE RESOURCE CENTRE SECTION OF THE WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS.
IAMD is a core component of a country’s defence and remains at the frontline of both national and international strategies and operations. Driven by fear of realising critical capability of rouge states and the escalating threat environment created by growing arsenals of emerging regional powers, IAMD is of vital importance. Furthermore, the increasing prominence of unconventional threats presents another key challenge to which technology and operations must respond.
Defence IQ is delighted to announce its 7th annual Integrated Air and Missile Defence 2014 conference
In official partnership with the Swedish Air Defence Unit
, Integrated Air and Missile Defence 2014 will take place at the Halmstad Air Base where we will also be hosting a site tour as part of our pre-conference day. This will be a unique opportunity to gain insight into the running of Swedish air and missile defence and the equipment currently in use.
With expert military speakers
from across Europe, including Sweden, Poland, the UK, Germany and many more, the conference will introduce key operational and systemic analysis on the challenges at the fore of IAMD.
The conference will place emphasis on three central themes:
- Detection: Early detection and accurate identification of a broad range of targets from mortars to UAVs to fast jets
- Interception: Optimisation of radar to identify and intercept threats; the current capabilities of short, medium and long range missile defence systems; updates and advancement with C4i technology
- Integration: Current efforts to enhance both internal and multinational interoperability, along with future visions to develop truly integrated air and missile defence programs
Benefits of attending IAMD 2014
- Identify key emerging requirements from across Europe and the US, with detailed insights into the development plans of the Swedish, Ukrainian, Polish, Czech and US Armed Forces, amongst others
- Examine the latest case studies of air defence regiments from around the world, evaluating their operational experiences and incorporating these lessons into your armed forces
- Develop new contacts with both military and industry to facilitate international cooperation and integration